Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken, Apples, and Cheddar
This salad will be a hit at any potluck—crunchy pistachios and sharp cheddar cheese top a filling and tangy salad.
- 8 oz linguine, cooked and cooled
- 6 oz grilled chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tsp fresh, chopped tarragon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Dressing1 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Freshly ground pepper
- Combine dressing ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In large bowl, combine linguine, chicken, apple, dried cherries, celery, tarragon, and salt. Stir in dressing, mixing to combine and season with pepper.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours to combine flavors. To serve, top with chopped pistachios and cheddar cheese.
Calories from Fat 398 (64%)
(69%)Total Fat 45g
(40%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 41g
(14%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.