This recipe takes a bean and cheese burrito and swaps out the tortilla for a wrapping of perfectly cooked omelet.
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1/4 cup salsa, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbs water
- 2 Tbs shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- Mix beans and 2 Tbsp. salsa in small saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through; keep warm.
- Beat eggs and water in small bowl until blended. Coat 7 to 10-inch nonstick omelet pan or skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat until hot. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges.
- Gently push cooked portions from edges toward the center with inverted turner so that uncooked eggs can reach the hot pan surface. Continue cooking, tilting pan and gently moving cooked portions as needed.
- When top surface of eggs is thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, Spread bean filling down center of omelet; sprinkle with cheese. Fold sides over filling with turner; slide onto plate. Top with remaining salsa. Serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 152 (34%)
(26%)Total Fat 17g
(35%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 44g
(58%)Dietary Fiber 14g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.