Mexi-Lamb Tortilla Lasagna
This Mexi-version of traditional lasagna will feed a hungry family any time of the year.
- 3/4 lb ground lamb
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 can green chillies, chopped
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 3 flour tortillas (10-inch or burrito-style)
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 med tomato, chopped
- In skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, cook and crumble ground lamb until no longer pink.
- Drain well.
- Stir in salsa and beans; set aside.
- In a bowl, mix sour cream, chilies, cheese, and flour.
- Spray a 10-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place one tortilla in bottom of dish.
- Top with 1/3 of the meat mixture and 1/2 of the sour cream mixture.
- Top with a second tortilla and repeat with 1/3 meat and remaining sour cream.
- Top with a third tortilla and remaining meat.
- Bake in 350ºF oven for 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.
- Top each serving with shredded lettuce and chopped tomato.
- Garnish with additional cheese and salsa if desired.
Calories from Fat 200 (46%)
(34%)Total Fat 22g
(51%)Saturated Fat 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 39g
(29%)Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.