Mediterranean Stuffed Lamb Leg
A stuffed leg of lamb is always special, but this one, filled with pine nuts, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes, will exceed your expectations.
- 4 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup spinach leaves, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, shredded
- 2 Tbs sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained and finely chopped
- 2 Tbs pine nuts
- 2 tsp lemon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 lbs lamb leg, deboned and rolled
- In medium skillet, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Cook onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Mix in spinach, basil, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, and 1 teaspoon lemon pepper.
- Cook additional 2 to 3 minutes until spinach is wilted.
- Mix in feta cheese; set aside.
- Remove netting or strings from leg of lamb and open.
- Flatten and place stuffing in center of meat; roll back up and re-tie with string.
- Brush with 2 teaspoons olive oil and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon lemon pepper.
- Place leg on rack in roasting pan and roast in 325ºF oven for approximately 2 hours, or to desired degree of doneness: 145ºF for medium-rare, 160ºF for medium, or 170ºF for well. Let roast stand covered 10 minutes before slicing.
- Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees.
Calories from Fat 144 (40%)
(25%)Total Fat 16g
(28%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 2g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.