Mediterranean Lamb with Raisins
A delicious Mediterranean-style main dish with a sweet surprise.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 lbs lamb boneless leg or shoulder, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (15oz) chopped tomatoes and juice
- 1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- Place flour in plastic bag.
- Add lamb cubes and shake to coat with flour.
- In large skillet, heat oil and brown lamb over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook on medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and juice, broth and seasonings and cook 5 minutes.
- Simmer 30 minutes, covered.
- Soak raisins in sherry or chicken broth while lamb is cooking.
- Add raisins and sherry or broth to lamb; cook additional 10 minutes.
Calories from Fat 169 (54%)
(29%)Total Fat 19g
(37%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 12g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.