You don't have to be Italian to enjoy this amazing calzone.
- 1/2 lb ground lamb
- 3/4 cup chunky salsa
- 1/3 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup part-skim mozzarella shredded
- 1 package (10 ounces) refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbs water
- 2 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese
- In skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, cook and crumble lamb until browned.
- Drain well.
- Stir in salsa, green pepper, onion powder, pepper.
- On lightly greased baking sheet, roll or pat pizza dough to a 12 x 18-inch rectangle.
- Spoon meat mixture on one-half of the dough and sprinkle with cheese (leaving one inch of dough exposed on edges).
- Fold dough crosswise over meat mixture.
- Press edges together to seal.
- Make two or three slashes in top to let steam escape.
- Beat together egg and water.
- Brush on dough and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in 425ºF oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut into four portions.
Calories from Fat 206 (44%)
(35%)Total Fat 23g
(49%)Saturated Fat 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 38g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.