Hazelnut Crusted Rack of Lamb
Toasted hazelnuts and Dijon mustard add to the savory flavor of roasted lamb.
- 2 lamb racks, frenched
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, toasted and skins rubbed off in cloth
- 2 Tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs each chopped fresh rosemary and chopped fresh mint
- Pat racks dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper. In large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Brown meat side of each rack until golden brown; set aside.
- In food processor, finely grind nuts; set aside.
- In small bowl, combine mustard, garlic, rosemary and mint. Spread mustard mixture over meat side of racks. Sprinkle on ground hazelnuts.
- Place racks meat side up in shallow roasting pan. Roast at 375ºF for 28 to 38 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from oven, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
Calories from Fat 506 (76%)
(86%)Total Fat 56g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 2g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.