Chicken Nori Salad Rolls
Lisa Carr, Cedaredge, Colorado
Salad rolls are surprisingly simple to make. Chicken and rice noodles wrapped with a sheet of nori make a great lunch or appetizer.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 quarts water
- 1/2 lb dried thin rice noodles
- 1 large English cucumber
- 12 sheets toasted nori
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced pickled ginger, drained
- 12 pieces red leaf lettuce
- 1 Tbs toasted sesame seeds
- 1 Tbs black sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbs prepared wasabi
- In large saucepan, place water over high heat and bring to a boil. Add chicken, return to boil, cover and remove from heat; let stand about 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- With tongs, lift chicken and immerse in cold water to cool; lift out and drain.
- Return water in saucepan to a boil, add rice noodles and stir to separate. Return to a boil, cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand about 3 minutes until noodles are tender; drain, immerse in cold water and drain again.
- Slice chicken crosswise into 1-inch strips.
- Cut cucumber lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices, then cut lengthwise into sticks.
- Lay 1 nori sheet on flat surface; arrange 3 slices chicken, end to end, in horizontal line; top with ginger slices.
- Arrange 1 cucumber stick at edge of lettuce piece and roll tightly.
- Place lettuce roll on ginger and distribute cup rice noodles evenly over lettuce.
- Fold nori over filling and roll tightly, moistening edge to press and seal. Repeat process and arrange nori rolls, seam side down, on platter. Cut crosswise and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Mix together soy sauce and wasabi; serve as dip.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Nutrition note: Nutrition calculation based on spirulina seaweed.
Calories from Fat 48 (12%)
(9%)Total Fat 6g
(5%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 74g
(102%)Dietary Fiber 25g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.