Braised Leg of Lamb with Preserved Lemons and Green Olives
Lemon rinds and olives add plenty of zest to this Mediterranean inspired meal.
- 5 lb sirloin-end, bone-in leg of lamb
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbs cumin, ground
- 2 Tbs coriander, ground
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup green olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup preserved lemon rind, chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Liberally season lamb with salt and pepper. In a bowl, stir together garlic, cumin, coriander, and oil; smear over lamb. Let rest at room temperature.
- Place lamb in a baking dish; roast at 425ºF for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325ºF. Add olives, lemon rind, and broth. Cook until internal temperature is 130ºF for medium-rare, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Let stand for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place lamb on a cutting board and slice.
- Pour pan sauce into a measuring cup; spoon off fat.
- Serve with couscous tossed with mint and scallions.
Calories from Fat 159 (44%)
(28%)Total Fat 18g
(28%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 5g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.