Balsamic-Glazed Lamb Meatloaf with Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
A new twist on the tried and true meatloaf recipes of the past.
- 1 1/2 lbs lamb, ground
- 12 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2/3 cup basil leaves
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup Pecorino cheese, grated
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 Tbs light brown sugar
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- In a food processor, puree tomatoes, basil, pine nuts, cheese, garlic, egg, salt, and pepper. Scrape the pesto into a large bowl; mix in bread crumbs and ground lamb. On a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet, form the mixture into an 8-inch long log.
- In a bowl, mix together tomato paste, brown sugar, and balsamic vinegar; brush over meatloaf. Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes, basting with glaze every 10 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans.
Calories from Fat 320 (68%)
(55%)Total Fat 36g
(68%)Saturated Fat 14g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 14g
Total Carbohydrate 13g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.