Balsamic Glazed Chicken Stir-Fry
The rich taste of balsamic vinegar will give this simple stir-fry sophisticated flavor.
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) red bell pepper, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 (4 ounce) zucchini, halved and sliced diagonally 1/4-inch thick
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup olives, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 Tbs toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil in a large sauté pan or wok over high heat. Add red bell peppers, zucchini and garlic, season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper flakes, and cook for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Transfer to a clean plate. Set aside.
- Pour remaining olive oil in pan and heat over high. Add chicken, season with remaining salt and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally until browned. Turn heat down to medium, add balsamic vinegar and chicken broth and cook for 2-4 more minutes until slightly thickened and syrupy. Return pepper mixture to pan and toss in olives and basil. Garnish with pine nuts before serving, if desired.
Calories from Fat 115 (42%)
(20%)Total Fat 13g
(9%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 12g
(15%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.