Apple Cinnamon Chips
Skip the sugar, price, and preservatives in dried fruit from the store. Dried fruit is easy to make on your own.
- 4 apples
- 1 Tbs cinnamon
- 1 Tbs raw sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking oil, set aside.
- Wash and dry apples. Using a mandolin, slice apples into thin strips.
- Place apple slices on cookie sheet and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake in the oven for one hour. Flip apple slices and bake for an additional 40 to 60 minutes. Ovens vary, so if they appear too soft, continue to bake until they are somewhat crisp.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container.
Calories from Fat 1 (5%)
(0%)Total Fat 0g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 6g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.