Avery Publishing Group Prescription for Nutritional Healing 5th Edition Description:
A Practical A-to-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies Using Vitamins, Mineralsm Herbs & Food Supplements.
Prescription for Nutritional Healing is the nation’s #1 bestselling guide to natural remedies. Now, wholly revised and updated by expert dietitian and nutritional researcher Stacey J. Bell, D.Sc., R.D., this new fifth edition incorporates the most recent information on a variety of alternative healing and preventive therapies and unveils new scientific findings on vitamins, supplements, and herbs.
In the A-to-Z reference guide to illnesses, you’ll find updates including:
* How omega-3 fatty acids and excercise may help those suffering from Alzheimer’s
* Strategies for combating prostate cancer
* The latest information on GI problems often associated with autism
* Current advice on the most benefical nutrients for relieving arthritis
* Leading research on breast cancer, menopause, and bio-identical hormones
* New guidelines for diagnosing and battling diabetes
* And much, much more
With more that 800 pages of comprehensive facts about all asoects of alternative ways to wellness, Prescription for Nutritional Healing, Fifth Edition, unites the best of age-old remedies with twenty-first-century sciences.
Phyllis A. Balch, CNC, was a leading nutritional counselor and advocate of natural therapies for more than two decades and spent more than twenty-five researching natural approaches to health and healing.
Stacey J. Bell, D.SC., R.D., is a registered dietitian and was a nutritional researcher at Harvard Medical School for many years. SHe has coauthored more the 70 scientific articles, and lectures extensivly around the world on most aspects of nutrition.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent