White Beans and Sun-Dried Tomato
A delicious way to eat your greens. Cannellini beans are small white beans that can be found in most grocery stores. Serve this main dish salad with a loaf of crusty bread.
- 1/2 tsp salt (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 2/3 cups cannellini beans, cooked (one 15-ounce can, drained)
- 16 oz mixed salad greens (one 16-ounce bag)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato halves, dried
- Dressing:3 Tbs olive oil
- 3 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Prepare sun-dried tomatoes by soaking in water for 15–30 minutes until soft.
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl or jar, combine oil, red wine, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, add one Tbsp dressing to beans and mix.
- In a large bowl, combine salad mix with basil and the remaining dressing and gently toss.
- Arrange greens on individual salad plates and spoon beans on top. Garnish with sun-dried tomatoes.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Calories from Fat 112 (27%)
(20%)Total Fat 13g
(9%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 58g
(62%)Dietary Fiber 15g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.