A healthy version of the cheese quesadilla, resulting in a fiber-and-protein-packed meal that’s sure to satisfy even the pickiest quesadilla fans!
- 2 8 inch sprouted wheat or high-fiber tortilla
- 1/2 cup Mexican shredded cheese blend
- 1/2 cup nonfat refried black beans
- 1 Tsp taco seasoning
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 red, orange, or yellow pepper, diced
- 2 Tbs salsa
- 2 Tbs guacamole
- Heat beans over the stove on medium heat. Add taco seasoning to taste and stir until combined.
- Heat a large pan over medium to medium-low heat, spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Assemble quesadillas: one layer of beans (use up to ¼ cup per quesadilla), one layer of cheese, a layer of onions and peppers, and another layer of cheese (no more than ¼ cup of cheese total per quesadilla).
- Grill the quesadillas in the pan until both sides are browned and crispy and the cheese has melted. Top with diced tomatoes, 1 Tbsp guacamole and 2 Tbsp salsa. Enjoy!
Calories from Fat 109 (32%)
(19%)Total Fat 12g
(22%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 45g
(20%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.