Vegetable Lamb Chop Skillet Dinner
Lamb chops and vegetables simmer in wine for a tender skillet dinner.
- 4 American Lamb shoulder chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup white wine or fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1-1/2 cups loosely packed cauliflower (bite-sized pieces)
- 2 large carrots, thickly sliced
- 4 small onions
- 2 medium potatoes, quartered
- 3/4 cup broccoli flowerets
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- parsley, optional
- Sprinkle chops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In large skillet, heat oil with garlic. Add chops; brown on both sides. Add wine, boiling water and bouillon cube. Simmer, covered, 30 minutes or until chops are almost tender.
- Arrange cauliflower, carrots, onions and potatoes around chops. Simmer, covered, 15 to 20 minutes or until all are tender.
- During last 8 minutes of cooking, add broccoli.
- During last 5 minutes of cooking, add tomatoes. Sprinkle with parsley before serving, if desired.
Calories from Fat 353 (57%)
(61%)Total Fat 39g
(75%)Saturated Fat 15g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 18g
Total Carbohydrate 29g
(17%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.