Vegetable Fried Rice
Any type of rice or combination of vegetables works in this Asian favorite.
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3 Tbs soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs ginger root, minced
- 1 cup carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup celery, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced (white or shiitake)
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
- 4 cups cooked rice, white or brown
- Mix together broth and soy sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat oil until hot. Add garlic and ginger root and stir fry for 1 minute. Add carrots and broccoli and continue stirring over medium heat for 2–3 minutes. Add celery and cook for 1–2 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and sprouts, stir fry for 1 minute. Add rice and broth mixture and continue to stir fry until rice is heated through.
Calories from Fat 29 (10%)
(5%)Total Fat 3g
(3%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 56g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.