Two Cheese Pizza
Serve your pizza with fresh fruit and a mixed green salad garnished with red beans to balance your meal.
- 2 Tbs whole wheat flour
- 1 can (10 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- 4 oz shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, cut into strips
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Spread whole wheat flour over working surface. Roll out dough with rolling pin to desired crust thickness.
- Coat cookie sheet with vegetable cooking spray. Transfer pizza crust to cookie sheet. Brush olive oil over crust.
- Mix low-fat ricotta cheese with dried basil, onion, garlic, and salt. Spread this mixture over crust.
- Sprinkle crust with part-skim mozzarella cheese. Top cheese with mushrooms and red pepper.
- Bake at 425 °F for 13-15 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is deep golden brown.
- Cut into 8 slices.
Calories from Fat 70 (38%)
(12%)Total Fat 8g
(14%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 20g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.