It's pizza time! This Italian-style pizza features chunks of sausage and strips of green and red bell peppers.
- 1/2 lb sweet or spicy Italian sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 Tbs olive or vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, cut into narrow wedges
- 1 large green pepper, cut into narrow strips
- 1 large red pepper, cut into narrow strips
- 1 1/2 cups bottled pasta sauce
- 1 11-inch prepared pizza crust
- 1 8 oz bag shredded mixed cheese
- Oregano (optional)
- Place sausage slices in skillet with oil and sauté about 3 minutes, turning once during cooking. Remove from pan.
- Add onion and pepper strips to the pan and sauté for 10 minutes over medium heat until tender.
- Spread pasta sauce on pizza crust. Sprinkle with half the cheese and top with sausage and onion mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and oregano, if desired.
- Bake in pre-heated 425°F oven for about 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is golden.
Calories from Fat 744 (58%)
(124%)Total Fat 81g
(185%)Saturated Fat 37g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 76g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.