Treviso, Fig & Pear Steak Salad
This tasty steak salad blends spicy Treviso radicchio with the sweetness of pear and figs.
- 1 beef top sirloin steak, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup light balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 large heads Treviso radicchio, cut lengthwise in half
- 6 fresh figs, stems removed, cut in half
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 ripe Bartlett pear, cored, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbs coarsely chopped pistachio nuts
- Place beef steak, 1/3 cup vinaigrette and pepper in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours, turning once.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Brush radicchio and figs lightly with oil. Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange radicchio and figs around steak. Grill steak, uncovered, 13 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 8 to 13 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill radicchio 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 6 to 8 minutes ) and figs 5 to 7 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 3 to 6 minutes) or until radicchio is tender and figs soften and begin to brown, turning occasionally.
- Carve steak into thin slices. Remove and discard cores from radicchio; coarsely chop. Season beef and radicchio with salt, as desired. Arrange radicchio, steak, figs, and pear slices on platter; top with remaining 1/4 cup vinaigrette and pistachios.
Substitution Tip: Two heads regular red-leaved radicchio may be substituted for Treviso radicchio. Grilling time remains the same.
Calories from Fat 125 (34%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(15%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 32g
(23%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.