Traditional Lamb Stir-Fry
This quick and easy zesty meal is packed full of flavor as well as being healthy.
- 1 Tbs sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbs red wine or water
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 1 lb lamb leg, cut into strips
- 3 med carrots, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 can (8 oz) water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 can (2 oz) pimento drained and diced
- Toast seeds in wok; set aside.
- In small bowl, combine soy sauce, wine, garlic, ginger, cornstarch, pepper, and cayenne.
- Set aside.
- Heat wok or large skillet; heat oil.
- When hot, add lamb strips; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery and mushrooms; stir-fry with lamb for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove lamb and vegetables from wok; keep warm.
- Add soy sauce mixture to wok; stir until mixture begins to thicken.
- Immediately add lamb and cooked vegetables; add pea pods, cabbage, chestnuts, onions, and pimento.
- Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve with hot cooked rice.
Calories from Fat 87 (29%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(14%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 26g
(28%)Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.