Tomato-Fennel Chicken Thighs with Cauliflower and Olives
Cayenne pepper, fennel seeds, garlic, and Kalamata olives give this dish a distinct savory flavor with a bit of heat.
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine, divided
- 1 28 oz can tomatoes, crushed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sun-dried tomatoes, minced
- 1 lemon, grated for zest
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 Tbs parsley, chopped
- In large pot over high heat, warm olive oil. Add chicken and brown on both sides, cooking for about 3 - 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken from heat; reduce heat to low. Pour off excess oil. Add to same pot garlic and 1 tablespoon white wine. Cook 1 minute. Stir in remaining wine, crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, fennel seeds, cayenne pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon zest and olives.
- Return chicken to pot; increase heat to high. Bring sauce to a simmer. Reduce heat to low; cover pot. Simmer 25 minutes. Stir in cauliflower florets. Simmer cauliflower and chicken together 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and cauliflower is tender.
- To serve, spoon chicken onto serving platter and top with sauce. Sprinkle with parsley.
Calories from Fat 212 (46%)
(37%)Total Fat 24g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 21g
(22%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.