Hot, savory, and piquant, this scramble will warm your insides.
- 2 Tbs oil
- 1 box tofu, drained
- 1/8 tsp turmeric (more or less according to taste)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbs low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms chopped (optional)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tomato, chopped (optional)
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add veggies and cook until they are tender but
crisp. Add tofu, breaking it up into chunks. It may get quite crumbly; this
is okay. Add soy sauce, garlic powder, and turmeric. Stir around for a few
minutes, until the seasonings are well distributed. Cook over medium heat
until the tofu is hot. A few drops of Tabasco or other hot sauce adds a
spicy touch. Serve with toast and fruit for a hearty breakfast.
- Makes 4 servings.
Calories from Fat 65 (72%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(5%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 4g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.