Tex-Mex Scrambled Eggs & Tortillas (Migas)
Queso fresco, green tomatillo salsa, and corn tortillas bring authentic Tex-Mex flavor to the breakfast table.
- 1 cup green (tomatillo) salsa
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 6 corn tortillas (6-inch), halved, cut into thin strips
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- Coat 12-inch nonstick skillet with ovenproof handle with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Add salsa and tomatoes; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add tortilla strips; stir to coat. Cook 1 minute.
- Pour eggs over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking - pulling, lifting and folding eggs - until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Sprinkle cheese over eggs. Broil 6 inches from heat until cheese softens, 2 to 3 minutes.
Calories from Fat 125 (48%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(25%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 17g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.