Piccatas are a classic part of Italian cuisine and includes a refreshing sauce of lemon juice, butter, and fresh parsley. Swordfish is mildly flavored with a dense and meat-like flesh, making it perfect for broiling.
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound swordfish, 1/2" thick cutlets
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons capers
- lemon rounds
- Pepper swordfish cutlets and place on a broiling pan. Broil fish for 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until flesh turns opaque.
- Remove swordfish from broiling pan and place on a heated serving platter. Sprinkle with parsley, lemon juice and capers. Garnish with lemon rounds.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 43 (31%)
(7%)Total Fat 5g
(6%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 1g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.