Sweet Sausage Fusilli
Try this scrumptious pasta dish for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 12 oz sweet italian poultry sausage, sliced into 1/2-inch thick half moons
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped oregano
- Kosher salt and crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 quart (8 oz.) broccoli florets, blanched
- 1 cup olives, whole, pitted
- 1 quart cooked fusilli pasta
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Stir in sausage and oregano, and season to taste with salt and pepper flakes. Cook for 3-5 minutes until browned.
- Mix in broccoli, olives and pasta and cook until heated through. Toss with remaining olive oil and top with parmesan cheese just before serving.
Calories from Fat 174 (52%)
(29%)Total Fat 19g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 18g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.