Sweet Potato Hash
Brilliant for brunch—a smoky blend of bacon, chorizo, and sweet potatoes.
- 5 strips bacon, chopped
- 3/4 lb Spanish chorizo
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup red onion, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic, chopped
- 2 to 4 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves, crumbled
- 1 bay leaf
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- In a large, hot saucepan, cook bacon until crisp; remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Add chorizo, crumbling and cooking until browned. Drain grease.
- Combine bacon, chorizo, sweet potatoes, red onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic in the saucepan. Add olive oil as needed to prevent mixture from sticking. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, thyme, and bay leaf. Simmer, stirring often. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes soften.
- Remove bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper; serve.
Calories from Fat 370 (72%)
(63%)Total Fat 41g
(68%)Saturated Fat 14g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 20g
Total Carbohydrate 15g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.