Super Mushroom Veggie Pasta
A burst of colorful, flavorful veggies make this a super spaghetti dish.
- 1 14.5 ounce package spaghetti
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 lb white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup bite-size broccolini pieces
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- freshly grated Parmesan (for garnish)
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil and prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While water comes to a boil, heat olive oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add a single layer of mushrooms, red bell pepper and onions and cook, without stirring, for about five minutes or until mushrooms become red-brown on one side. Turn ingredients and cook about five minutes more, until other side is same color. Add broccolini, tomatoes and broth, and then stir in pesto. Bring to a simmer, and then add spinach and cooked pasta.
- Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with fresh Parmesan.
Calories from Fat 137 (31%)
(24%)Total Fat 16g
(16%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 65g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.