Summertime Orchiette Gratin
This creamy gratin combines asiago cheese, prosciutto, and veggies to make a rich and savory summertime dish.
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 3 Tbs white wine
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups (8 ounces) corn kernels
- 1 3/4 cups (8 ounces) fresh or frozen peas
- 1 1/4 cups olives, halved
- 1/4 lb proscuitto ham, sliced into 1/8-inch by 1 1/2-inch strips
- 5 1/2 cups (1 1/2 pounds) cooked orchietti pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded basil
- 3/4 cups (3 ounces) grated asiago cheese
- Combine heavy cream, chicken stock, white wine, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium sized saucepan. Bring to a boil, then turn down to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add corn, peas, olives and proscuitto to cream sauce and continue cooking over low heat for 2-3 more minutes. Place orchietti in a large mixing bowl and toss with cream sauce and basil until evenly combined.
- Pour into a lightly greased 9-inch by 13-inch (3 quart) baking dish and top with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes in a 400 degree oven until lightly golden on top
Calories from Fat 181 (27%)
(31%)Total Fat 20g
(48%)Saturated Fat 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 93g
(25%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.