Strawberry Rhubarb Compote
Nothing says summer is here like strawberries and rhubarb. And nothing beats a hot day better than a chilled bowl of this compote.
- 2 cups rhubarb, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups strawberries, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Stirring occasionally, bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Cover saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove cover and continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes or until mixture has thickened.
- Remove from heat and chill.
Calories from Fat 1 (3%)
(0%)Total Fat 0g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 9g
(3%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.