Strawberry and Goat Cheese Pizza
This non-traditional take on pizza will have your tastebuds exploding with savory goat cheese and strawberries marinated in a white balsamic viniagrette.
- 1/2 oz active dry yeast
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 3-4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 3 Tbs white balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) softened goat cheese
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- coarsely ground black pepper
- baby arugula and frisée
- To make pizza dough, in a mixer bowl, sprinkle yeast and sugar over 1 cup warm water; let stand until foamy. Add 3 cups of the flour, the salt and olive oil; mix with dough hook until stretchy and no longer sticky, adding more flour if necessary. Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Refrigerate, covered, until needed.
- To make white balsamic vinaigrette, in a small nonreactive saucepan, simmer white balsamic vinegar until reduced to 1 1/2 tablespoons. Whisk in extra virgin olive oil.
- To make aged balsamic reduction, in a small nonreactive saucepan, simmer aged balsamic vinegar until reduced to about 4 teaspoons.
- Heat oven to 400°F. On lightly floured surface, roll each piece of pizza dough into an 8-inch circle. Place on a baking sheet; bake in 400°F oven 10 minutes or until firm and slightly brown.
- Spread pizzas with softened goat cheese, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Toss strawberries with white balsamic vinaigrette; arrange strawberries evenly on goat cheese. Bake 10 minutes more.
- Remove from oven; scatter crumbled goat cheese on top. Drizzle with aged balsamic reduction; sprinkle with black pepper. Garnish pizzas with a few leaves of arugula and frisée.
Calories from Fat 108 (28%)
(18%)Total Fat 12g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 58g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.