This dish is a great use for those fresh green asparagus spears.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces (3 cups)
- 2 portobello mushrooms, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add garlic, asparagus, mushrooms and pepper; cook about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until tender. Add rice, cheese and salt. Stir until well blended; heat thoroughly.
Calories from Fat 108 (43%)
(19%)Total Fat 12g
(15%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 29g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.