Springtime Lamb Loin Roast with Apricot Glaze
Piquant horseradish and sweet apricot jam add plenty of character to this roast.
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1 Tbs prepared ground horseradish
- 1 Tbs prepared mustard
- 2 1/2 lbs lamb loin roast. rolled and tied
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp seasoned pepper
- In a small bowl, blend apricot jam, horseradish, and mustard; set aside.
- Using a roasting pan with rack, place lamb on rack.
- Brush with olive oil and rub with rosemary, garlic, and seasoned pepper.
- Roast lamb in 350ºF oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or to desired degree of doneness: 145ºF for medium-rare, 160ºF for medium, or 170ºF for well.
- Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees.
- During last 30 minutes of roasting, brush with apricot jam glaze several times.
Calories from Fat 85 (27%)
(15%)Total Fat 9g
(16%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 18g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.