Spiced Port Poached Figs with Honeyed Cream
Fresh figs poached in a sweet combination of port wine, citrus, and spices, perched atop a heavenly honeyed cream.
- 12 med fresh, ripe California figs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 cups port wine
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 lemons, zested
- 2 oranges, zested
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise
- 8 peppercorns
- Honeyed Cream1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbs honey
- Mint leaves, garnish
- Trim thin slice from bottoms of figs; set aside.
- Combine honey, port, salt, vinegar, lemon zest, orange zest, cloves, cinnamon, anise, and peppercorns in large saucepan. Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Add figs and simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, whip creams and honey together until fluffy; divide and spoon onto six individual serving plates.
- Arrange figs on top and drizzle with poaching liquid and garnish with mint leaves.
Calories from Fat 74 (16%)
(12%)Total Fat 8g
(24%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 59g
(25%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.