Southwest Salsa Rice Bites
You will be welcome at any party when you bring this finger-fun food.
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 16-ounce jar medium (or hot) thick and chunky-style salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup crushed corn or tortilla chips
- additional salsa and sour cream for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine rice and cheese in large bowl; set aside. In medium bowl, beat eggs until well blended. Stir in salsa, sour cream, salt and pepper. Add salsa mixture to rice and cheese; mix well. Spray miniature muffin pans with vegetable cooking spray. Spoon approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons rice mixture into each cup, filling to just below the rim. Sprinkle crushed chips over filling, pressing slightly with back of spoon. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve warm with additional salsa and sour cream, if desired.
Calories from Fat 93 (41%)
(16%)Total Fat 10g
(25%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 23g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.