Southeast Asian Chicken Loaf
A chicken meatloaf full of ginger, basil, and bell peppers. Perfect for dinner and the next day as leftovers.
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chicken
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup plain rice cracker crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 med red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 med green bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 Tbs hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbs fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Tbs lime juice
- 1 Tbs tamari
- 2 Tbs dried basil
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Teriyaki sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, knead together ground chicken, garlic, rice cracker crumbs, egg, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, hoisin sauce, ginger, lime juice, tamari, and dried basil, with your hands.
- Spray 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with vegetable oil spray. Pack the meatloaf into the loaf pan; bake for 1 hour.
- Let rest 5 minutes before inverting the pan to transfer the meatloaf to a cutting board. Slice the meatloaf and arrange the slices on a serving platter. Serve teriyaki sauce separately or drizzle over slices to serve.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 110 (34%)
(18%)Total Fat 12g
(15%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 14g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.