Sesame Chicken Fingers with Two Dipping Sauces
Chinese mustard and teriyaki inspire two very different dipping sauces for these crunchy chicken snacks.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbs water
- 1 cup fine crumbs made from plain rice crackers or panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 3 Tbs vegetable oil
- Chinese Mustard Sauce:1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet and hot Chinese mustard
- 2 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs crystallized ginger, minced
- Teriyaki Sauce:1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup black bean sauce (with chili optional)
- 1/4 cup scallion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Trim chicken breasts, cutting them into 1-inch by 3-inch strips. In shallow dish, whisk together flour and salt. In another shallow dish, whisk together eggs and water. In third shallow dish, mix together crumbs and sesame seeds.
- Dredge chicken strips in flour, coating all sides. Dip chicken in egg; then roll chicken strips in crumb mixture to coat well.
- In large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, warm half the oil. Add half the chicken and saute until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to baking sheet. Heat remaining oil in skillet and saute remaining chicken strips, transferring to baking sheet when done. Bake chicken until firm and crispy, about 8 minutes. Arrange on platter and serve with dipping sauces.
- Chinese Mustard Sauce:To make sauces: Mix together all ingredients for each sauce in two separate small bowls. Cover and set aside until ready to serve with chicken.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 145 (37%)
(26%)Total Fat 17g
(14%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 7g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 35g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.