Seared Lamb Chops with Goat Cheese Soufflé
Game rub adds a new element of surprise to lamb chops, while the goat cheese soufflé is sure to please.
- 12 lamb double-cut rib chops
- olive oil, as needed
- 1 Tbs kosher salt
- 2 Tbs cracked pepper
- Souffle1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 2-1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Tbs finely chopped shallots
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 12 oz goat cheese
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbs salted butter
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, coarsely chopped
- Game Rub (makes 1 cup)1/4 cup Guajillo chile powder
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 3 Tbs freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbs ground cumin
- 1 Tbs dried rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs dried thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- 1 Tbs brown sugar, packed
- Brush lamb chops with olive oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Rub with game rub.
- Place on a medium-hot grill for 5 minutes on each side; remove from grill and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Put lamb back on grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or to desired degree of doneness: 145ºF for medium-rare, 160ºF for medium or 170ºF for well.
- Souffle In a sauté pan, melt unsalted butter. Sauté shallots and garlic. Add flour and stir until smooth and bubbly. Whisk in milk; mix until smooth. Remove from heat and pour into mixer bowl. Beat in goat cheese until thoroughly combined. Add egg yolks, game rub and salt. Beat until blended.
- In separate bowl, whip egg whites into stiff peaks. Mix 1/3 of whites into egg mixture. Fold in the remaining 2/3 of whites.
- Rub 6 (8-ounce) ramekins with butter; dust with cornmeal. Line ramekins with walnuts. Pour 1 cup of mixture into each ramekin. Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- RubMix all ingredients well. Store unused rub in an airtight container in pantry for future use.
Calories from Fat 573 (54%)
(97%)Total Fat 63g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 43g
(28%)Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.