Sausage & Apricot Balsamic Rice
Try different types of ground sausage for a unique twist each time you make this recipe.
- 1 (12-ounce) package sage-flavored pork sausage
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 6 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup coarsely chopped roasted, salted cashew nuts
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Crumble sausage into a large non-stick skillet. Stirring periodically, cook over medium heat until browned, about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain grease from pan. Add maple syrup and vinegar; stir and cook 2 to 3 minutes to blend. Add rice, apricots, cashews, salt and pepper; stir over medium heat until blended. Serve warm.
Calories from Fat 222 (44%)
(39%)Total Fat 25g
(35%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 12g
Total Carbohydrate 53g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.