Salmon with Shiitake Relish
Spice-rubbed grilled salmon is topped with a complementary relish of fresh herbs, shiitake mushrooms, and balsamic vinegar.
- 12 oz shiitake mushroom caps, wiped clean
- olive oil
- 2 Tbs minced shallot
- 2 Tbs minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs salmon
- olive oil, for brushing
- seafood rub mix
- lemon wedges
- Shiitake RelishPreheat a grill to medium-high heat. In a bowl, toss mushroom caps with oil and dash of salt and pepper. Grill caps on both sides, over direct heat, until cooked through, about 5 minutes total cooking time. (Unless your mushroom caps are large, you may want to set a rack over your grill so you don't have any mushrooms falling through the grates.) Remove mushrooms from grill and thinly slice. Heat oil in sauté pan on medium heat. Add shallot and garlic, stir 2 to 3 minutes until soft and aromatic. Set aside to cool. In a bowl, combine mushrooms, shallot-garlic mixture, herbs, vinegar, and lemon juice. Season the relish to taste with salt and pepper and set aside at room temperature.
- Lightly brush the salmon with oil, coat on both sides with seafood rub, and grill until done to your liking. Serve each portion of salmon topped with shiitake relish. Garnish with lemon wedges.
- *Note: To make dish without grill: Toss mushrooms with oil, salt, and pepper, then spread them on a baking sheet. Roast mixture in a 450° F oven for 20 minutes, then finish making the shiitake relish according to the recipe. Also, instead of grilling, coat the salmon with Rub with Love spice rub and roast it in the oven.
Calories from Fat 86 (22%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 45g
(27%)Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.