Roasted Garlic Hummus
Hummus is full of protein and tastes great on fresh veggies, pita bread or even as a condiment on your favorite wrap, salad or sandwich.
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 roasted garlic bulb, about 10 cloves
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Juice from one lemon
- 1/4 cup water
- In a food processor, combine garbanzo beans, roasted garlic, oil, tahini, salt, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, and water. Pulse until smooth.
- Place in a resealable container and refrigerate until cold.
- Serve with pita bread, fresh veggies, or as a condiment.
Calories from Fat 66 (57%)
(12%)Total Fat 8g
(5%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 10g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.