Red Pepper Mango Onion Sauce
A saucy taste of the tropics—spoon over barbecued chicken.
- 1 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs flour
- 3/4 cup peeled and cubed fresh mango
- 1 cup bottled or canned mango nectar
- 1 Tbs minced ginger root
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Sauté onions, bell pepper, and oil in a skillet over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour, then add mango, mango nectar, ginger, vinegar, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook, stirring over medium heat until sauce boils and is thickened.
- Serve warm with barbecued or broiled chicken, fish, sausage, or pork.
Calories from Fat 16 (26%)
(3%)Total Fat 2g
(1%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 11g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.