Ravioli with Fire-Roasted Tomatoes and Olives
Grilled Roma tomatoes pack a ton of flavor and when combined with olives and cheesy raviolis, this dish will quickly become a family favorite.
- 3 lbs Roma tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) thinly sliced yellow onions
- 3/4 cup sliced olives
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 Tbs chopped capers
- 1 1/2 Tbs chopped tarragon
- 1 Tbs tomato paste
- 5 cups (1 1/2 pounds) cooked cheese filled ravioli
- In a large bowl, toss tomatoes with 2 Tablespoons olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Grill tomatoes over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes per side, then transfer to a clean bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- When tomatoes are cool enough to handle, peel away charred skin and discard. Set aside tomatoes.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes until tender. Stir in olives, white wine, capers, tarragon and tomato paste. Mix in grilled tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Cover, turn heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally to break down tomatoes. Remove from heat and toss with cheese ravioli just before serving.
Calories from Fat 224 (39%)
(39%)Total Fat 25g
(25%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 73g
(26%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.