Ratatouille Lentil Soup
Lentils add extra protein and flavor to this hearty vegetarian meal.
- 4 cups water
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Japanese eggplant, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 zucchini, diced into 1-inch chunks
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 cup olives, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Bring water, tomatoes, lentils and red wine to a boil in a large pot. Season with cumin and 1/2 teaspoon of salt, turn heat down to low and simmer for 35-40 minutes.
- While lentils are cooking, toss eggplant, peppers and zucchini in a large bowl with olive oil, garlic and remaining salt. Spread onto a baking sheet in one even layer and roast in a 450°F oven for 12-15 minutes until golden. Transfer cooked vegetables to lentils and stir in olives and basil.
Calories from Fat 100 (28%)
(17%)Total Fat 11g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 46g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.