Rasta Pasta Clams
Pineapple, mango, and Jamaican jerk seasoning bring a taste of the islands to this clam and pasta dish.
- 5 1 oz can chopped clams, drained and juice reserved
- 16 oz penne or shell pasta
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups fresh pinapple, chopped
- 2 cups fresh mango, chopped
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 2 cups scallions, diced
- 1/4 garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbs Jamaican jerk dry seasoning
- 1 Tbs ground coriander
- salt and pepper, pinch
- lime twist, garnish
- Boil pasta until al dente and drain.
- Sauté garlic, mango, pineapple, and red pepper in pan. Then add clams, heavy cream, scallions, garlic and seasonings. Heat at medium high temperature until sauce reduces and starts to thicken.
- Add pasta to pan and serve in large bowl. Garnish with lime twists in center.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 327 (41%)
(56%)Total Fat 37g
(111%)Saturated Fat 22g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 96g
(31%)Dietary Fiber 8g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.