Rainbow Trout Fajitas
These quick and easy rainbow trout fajitas are prefect for a quick weeknight meal.
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- vegetable oil, as needed
- 12 boneless rainbow trout fillets, 4 ounces each
- 3 large onions, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 3 large red bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 3 large green bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 24 (7-inch) flour tortillas
- 4 cups prepared salsa
- 3 cups guacamole
- 3 cups sour cream
- 24 lime wedges
- Combine lime juice, cilantro, garlic, cumin, and 2 tablespoons oil; pour over trout. Cover and marinate, refrigerated, at least 30 minutes. Combine onion and peppers; divide into 12 portions. Wrap individual portions and refrigerate.
- Per fillet, sauté 1 portion of onion mixture in 2 teaspoons oil until just tender; reserve. Remove 1 trout fillet from marinade; grill or sauté until just done, about 2 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, on a very hot griddle, heat 2 tortillas on both sides. Remove and discard trout skin; plate with hot tortillas and reserved onion mixture. Garnish with 1/3 cup salsa, 1/4 cup guacamole, 1/4 cup sour cream, and 2 lime wedges.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 286 (40%)
(50%)Total Fat 33g
(57%)Saturated Fat 11g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 74g
(32%)Dietary Fiber 8g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.