Purple Fingerling Mashed Potatoes
If you’re looking to start a conversation at the dinner table or just wanting a good laugh, give these beautiful dark aubergine mashed potatoes a try!
- 10 purple fingerling potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 Tbs salted butter
- 2 Tbs cream cheese
- 1 Tbs sour cream
- 1 tsp half and half
- 1 Tbs caramelized onions
- Peel and cube about ten purple fingerling potatoes. They’re small so you may need more since leftovers are definitely encouraged!
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and return to pot off heat.
- Mash potatoes with butter, half and half, cream cheese, and sour cream. Stir in caramelized onions. If you like your mashed potatoes really smooth, put them in a food processor and pulse until all lumps are gone.
Calories from Fat 54 (34%)
(9%)Total Fat 6g
(19%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 23g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.