Pomegranate Crepes with Roasted Vegetables
Savory crepes loaded with an abundance of veggies and topped with a smooth walnut sauce.
- Crepes1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Roasted Vegetables1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 Japanese eggplant, sliced lengthwise 2 inches long, 1/4 inches thick
- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise 2 inches long, 1/4 inch thick
- 1 yellow squash, sliced lengthwise 2 inches long, 1/4 inch thick
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, sliced lengthwise 1/4 inch thick
- 1 red onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs basil, shredded
- Walnut Sauce1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (garnish)
- 2 Tbs basil, shredded (garnish)
- CrepesIn a bowl or food processor, combine flour, milk, eggs, and olive oil; beat until well combined. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Heat a small 6" skillet or crepe pan and grease it lightly.
- Add 3 tablespoons of batter to the pan and tilt the pan to spread. Brown on one side only and remove crepe to a towel-covered sheet pan; set aside.
- Walnut SauceHeat a skillet and toast walnuts. Cook and stir until fragrant.
- Add salt, pepper, and heavy cream and cook until hot; set aside.
- Roasted VegetablesPre-heat oven to 400°F. On a foil-covered sheet pan, mix all of the vegetables with olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and 1 cup of pomegranate seeds; toss together and set aside.
- To fill crepes, place crepes on a flat surface and divide the roasted vegetables amongst the crepes. Fold crepes over and roll to close.
- Place seam-side down in a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish. Cover each with a teaspoon of walnut sauce. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds before serving.
Calories from Fat 166 (52%)
(29%)Total Fat 19g
(30%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 32g
(20%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.