Polenta Cacciatore Casserole
The addition of polenta turns traditional chicken cacciatore into a simple and delicious casserole.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thigh meat, cut into 2-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (8 oz.) yellow onion, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 (8 oz.) green and red bell peppers, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced olives
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 cup polenta
- Heat oil in a large high-sided sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper to taste and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until evenly browned. Add onions, peppers and mushrooms into pan and cook over medium heat for 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken stock, olives and tomato paste, and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Whisk in polenta, pour into a 9-inch by 9-inch square baker and bake in a 400°F oven for 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Calories from Fat 112 (28%)
(19%)Total Fat 12g
(11%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 16g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.