Pepper-Lime Veal Fajitas
This basic fajita recipe offers a nice treatment for tender veal.
- 1 lb veal shoulder cutlets, cut 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 medium red or yellow bell peppers, cut into 3/4-inch wide strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 8 small flour tortillas, warmed
- Chopped fresh cilantro, prepared salsa
- Marinade:3 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pound veal cutlets to 1/8-inch thickness; cut into 3 x 1-inch strips. Combine marinade ingredients in medium bowl. Add veal; toss. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Heat 1/2 of oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add bell peppers and onion; stir-fry 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove; keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Drain veal; discard marinade. Add 1/2 of veal; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until just cooked through. (Do not overcook.) Remove; keep warm. Repeat with remaining veal.
- Combine veal and vegetables; season with salt and pepper. Serve with tortillas, cilantro and salsa.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 136 (31%)
(23%)Total Fat 15g
(16%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 44g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.